• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

    Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

    You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

    If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

    If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Ferrule crimping & gas tank cap cork replacement.....


Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
The cork seal in my gas tank cap is on its way out..are new gaskets available?... Or do I simply buy a new cap..

I need to replace an oil feed hose-anyone know of a source for ferrule crimpers?

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
The cork compound seals are available.A lot of owners don't crimp, just partially slide on the hose and then use a smidge of Wellseal or similar on the inner pipe then push on the rest of the way. Do not use Silastic.Try VOC spares or Kemp's for the gasket and follow their advice to fit. The adhesive needs to be petrol-proof.Gasket is part no. T26/1
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.