Felix built by Bev Bowen

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I thought Rob's thread had been hi-jacked enough. Bev did a great job on this bike which was an old Vincent hot-rod. He is running 42mm Dellorto carbs and says that it is idling fine. He is still in the process of tuning it in, but he has a big smile on his face.

David

davidd

VOC Member
Modern racing equipment can obviate the need for wiring your nuts. As seen below in this photo of Steve Hamel's bike, your nuts can be secured by alternative methods:

David

greg brillus

VOC Member
Love the L and R indentations in the seat base, just so you know which nut goes where...!!! I think Steve needs some lessons on how to lockwire things correctly, judging by the rear tank mount bolts though..... :) Greg.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
This guy didn't have the labels and got it wrong:

ClymerBackwards.jpg

vincenttwin

VOC Member
yes the safety wire will stop the bolt coming out ,but it can loosen half a turn first , he might like the knock of a loose tank.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
modern day rubber or what ever we use today shrinks so petrol tank at rear and front will have movment ,

Last edited:

vibrac

VOC Member
yes I have mentioned modern day rubber before
It seems to lack the consistency of rubber a few years back certainly when vincents were new
apart from shrinking and cracking quickly one of its new 'properties' is its ability when washed to spread a black stain onto light paintwork or alloy
can anyone explain what has been added or taken away from modern ruber items to change their properties?