Feeling Older

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
My daughter called yesterday and asked if I could meet her at a car dealership to have a look at a diesel truck she and her husband are interested in. Weather was fine so I decided to ride the Glenli. I had a couple of slow stops to make on the way and got there a bit late, but was feeling positively zingy riding it into the car lot, it is a fun bike.
There was the usual collection of young cleancut car salesmen gathered around outside, all having a good gawk as I rode in with lots of noise and gratutitous RPM. One spikey haired fellow in his mid twenties came over as I was parking and getting the riding gear off.
"What kind of bike is that?"

Explaining a standard Vincent to a twenty year old can be a bit laborious, but quickly explaining the Glenli to a twenty year old is nearly impossible. I gave some sort of abbreviated run down, but I could see none of it went in, he had decided it was a Harley of some type was still trying to figure out what model it was. Now I know how PCV felt after his visit to the US prior to dropping HRD from the name.

"We do get some uhhhh Older Gentlemen in here on the other Harleys, the big cruiser ones, but we ahhh, don't usually see uhhhh , uhhh an Older Gentleman on uhhhh , uhhhh, a nice looking bike!";-)

Glen

I

Last edited:

mercurycrest

VOC Member
My daughter called yesterday and asked if I could meet her at a car dealership to have a look at a diesel truck she and her husband are interested in. Weather was fine so I decided to ride the Glenli. I had a couple of slow stops to make on the way and got there a bit late, but was feeling positively zingy riding it into the car lot, it is a fun bike.
There was the usual collection of young cleancut car salesmen gathered around outside, all having a good gawk as I rode in with lots of noise and gratutitous RPM. One spikey haired fellow in his mid twenties came over as I was parking and getting the riding gear off.

Describing a standard Vincent to a twenty year old can be a bit laborious, but quickly explaining the Glenli to a twenty year old is nearly impossible. I gave some sort of abbreviated description, but I could see none of it went in, he was still trying to figure out what type of new Harley this was.

"We do get some uhhhh Older Gentlemen in here on the other Harleys, the big cruiser ones, but we ahhh, don't usually see uhhhh , uhhh an Older Gentleman on uhhhh , uhhhh, a nice looking bike!";-)

Glen

I

Glen,
I know the feeling, the cute little 40's something nurse at the Dr.'s office last week, started telling me how she really liked men with suspenders (Braces to Brits). That got my attention, but then she ruined it all by telling me how my suspenders reminded her of her Grandfather, what a cheeky little Tart!!! :mad:
Cheers, John

b'knighted

VOC Member
Braces to Brits - is that like cobblers to the queen? Sorry this relates to another schoolboy joke - I am definitely regressing.

Howard

VOC Member
Glen,
I know the feeling, the cute little 40's something nurse at the Dr.'s office last week, started telling me how she really liked men with suspenders (Braces to Brits). That got my attention, but then she ruined it all by telling me how my suspenders reminded her of her Grandfather, what a cheeky little Tart!!! :mad:
Cheers, John

Cute little nurses ............. men in suspenders........... sounds like Saturday night ..................... OOPS wrong Forum.

H

redbloke1956

Non-VOC Member

Explaining a standard Vincent to a twenty year old can be a bit laborious, but quickly explaining the Glenli to a twenty year old is nearly impossible. I gave some sort of abbreviated run down, but I could see none of it went in, he had decided it was a Harley of some type was still trying to figure out what model it was. Now I know how PCV felt after his visit to the US prior to dropping HRD from the name.

Glen

I
OK Glen........I waited and no one else has asked........I am definitely not twenty nor do I have spikey hair.........but "what is a Glenli?"

Red