F: Frame F28/F35 Lengths

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can anyone tell me what the respective lengths of F28 and F35 are, please…or, failing actual measurements..which one is longer?

Last edited:

A_HRD

VOC Member
Hi Bazlerker,
F28/1 is the front springbox spindle, plain 3/8" dia stud, about 5-5/8" long.
F35/1 is the Seat Mounting spindle of similar description - but approx 6-1/4" long.
Hope this helps,
Peter B

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
Hi Bazlerker,
F28/1 is the front springbox spindle, plain 3/8" dia stud, about 5-5/8" long.
F35/1 is the Seat Mounting spindle of similar description - but approx 6-1/4" long.
Hope this helps,
Peter B
Many Thanks! It helps tremendously. I did not want to rely 100% on the drawings in the parts list.

craig

VOC Member
MO30Fstuds.jpg

davidd

VOC Member
I would certainly think so, but the plating would not last very long. The F57/2 sleeve is acting as a bearing and needs to rotate in the UFM along with the springs which are also bearing on the end of the sleeves. I would think these items would seize very quickly after they were installed at the Factory if they were plain steel.

On the C there is the same seizing problem. The slotted UFM was designed to allow the springs and the damper eye to rotate in unison as the suspension works by clamping all the parts together. This is why the sleeves are longer than the UFM tubes in which they are placed. These parts are almost always seized by rust on a Vincent when examined.

David

Albervin

VOC Member
I need to go out into the shed (but not now) but I thought these spindles were shouldered to prevent locking them up.