• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

F: Frame F28/F35 Lengths

Bazlerker

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Can anyone tell me what the respective lengths of F28 and F35 are, please…or, failing actual measurements..which one is longer?

Last edited:

A_HRD

VOC Member
Hi Bazlerker,
F28/1 is the front springbox spindle, plain 3/8" dia stud, about 5-5/8" long.
F35/1 is the Seat Mounting spindle of similar description - but approx 6-1/4" long.
Hope this helps,
Peter B

Bazlerker

VOC Member
Hi Bazlerker,
F28/1 is the front springbox spindle, plain 3/8" dia stud, about 5-5/8" long.
F35/1 is the Seat Mounting spindle of similar description - but approx 6-1/4" long.
Hope this helps,
Peter B
Many Thanks! It helps tremendously. I did not want to rely 100% on the drawings in the parts list.

davidd

VOC Member
I would certainly think so, but the plating would not last very long. The F57/2 sleeve is acting as a bearing and needs to rotate in the UFM along with the springs which are also bearing on the end of the sleeves. I would think these items would seize very quickly after they were installed at the Factory if they were plain steel.

On the C there is the same seizing problem. The slotted UFM was designed to allow the springs and the damper eye to rotate in unison as the suspension works by clamping all the parts together. This is why the sleeves are longer than the UFM tubes in which they are placed. These parts are almost always seized by rust on a Vincent when examined.

David

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories