Exhaust

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Here is the Lindsay Kyle pipe that produces so much power. Starts at 1-5/8, steps up to 1-3/4, ends at 31 where the megaphone starts and the silencer is clipped on with springs. Nice and tight and high so there is access to the timing cover. Tim ran a pipe like this if I remember correctly. 500cc.
LindsayKyle_PB_01.jpg

029.JPG

025.JPG

David

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
You are right David, full compression would knock the angle down quite a bit, but still well beyond my lean limit.

Glen

greg brillus

VOC Member
I heard a rumor that the Irving Vincent was coming up to the National Championships at Lakeside this September....I wonder what they will use for a muffler, as their system would be way over the 95 db. limit for this event. Their bikes sound angry at the best of times.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello T.T., Are Roys silencers straight through, They seem small out side to work, The ones like Vibrac are Huge, Cheers Bill.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Hi, T T, Roy always rides hard. As a crmc marshal I always look for his name in the programme. The bike sounds good too! Kinda maker you proud to be a Vincent man.

vibrac

VOC Member
Hello T.T., Are Roys silencers straight through, They seem small out side to work, The ones like Vibrac are Huge, Cheers Bill.
straight through absorbtion 104Db need a repack.
I am working on one to fit in traditional position keep under 105Db and not grind into tarmac-a very difficult task may be impossible

timetraveller

VOC Member
OK chaps. I delayed replying until I had talked to Roy, just to ensure that I had the facts correct. The silencers are 'home made' by Roy. He started with some thick walled aluminium tube and fabricated almost all the rest of them. They are straight through with a gauze mesh inside around which is rock wool or fibreglass that can be replaced if needed. He can, just, get below the 105 dBs limit with them but was measured at 117 !! without. He does not want to make any more for anyone else. For those who might be interested he should be at Brands this coming weekend but the weather forecast is not good.