PT: Exhaust Exhaust on twin.

myron sheldon

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Does anyone know if the stainless system with the separate front header is still available? Both flanges are cracked on the shadow I inherited. I believe the system was from Australia in the 90's. Thank you.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It has been said that the only set of pipes that immediately fitted were the slave set used by the road testers.
Seriously if you think of the basic variations in components the differences in heads and cylinder packing after 70 years plus the results of unskilled hands on fine aluminium threads in confined spaces it's a wonder any new pipe fits out of the packing

stu spalding

VOC Member
Alldens Exhausts made a one piece set of S/S pipes for my twin which, after a bit of tweaking, fit perfectly. It may help in some cases if the pipes are temporarily fitted, during a rebuild, before the cylinder head nuts are tightened. Cheers, Stu.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
Does anyone know if the stainless system with the separate front header is still available? Both flanges are cracked on the shadow I inherited. I believe the system was from Australia in the 90's. Thank you.
are your pipes cracked at the flanges? If so why not re flange the pipes! their is a drawing in forty years on for a tool to re flange your pipes, and is easy to do.
stumpy lord

davidd

VOC Member
It might be worth cutting off the flange itself and welding new flanges on. I have welded on Vincent bearing separators years ago when someone reported that they were a good fit for the flanges.

David