Exhaust Components

TouringGodet

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Marty's Blue Bike has had the handlebar clips rotated from long ago.

Kurt Carlson's mod is beautifully crafted, with custom clips.

img001.jpg
KurtHandlebar.jpg

davidd

VOC Member
David, did you ever try that style of handle bars on your racer, I am thinking of trying something similar again, cheers......Greg.

Lindsay used the stock HB clip position with deep clubmans. I rotated the clips and used a shorter clubman. I used these for year, but in 2008 after not racing for some years I put a new set of clubmans on and had nothing but trouble. The handling became touchy and I could not change my line in a corner. I did not believe it was the bars because I used them for so long. So, I checked everything but the bars for two seasons. No luck. Half way through 2011 I went to a stock bar and tried it at VIR and it took 16 seconds off my lap time. The bike handled perfectly. I don't have a good reason why the bars changed the handling so much, but I certainly wasted a lot of time trying to find another cure. My guess is that the geometry of the clubmans varies enough that it is hit or miss with the handling.

Lindsay changed the geometry of the Girdraulics with a new modified FF1 and a shorter top link. He is very fast so it must work very well. Here is what I was using that did not work post 2008:

100_1570.jpg

This is a shot of Lindsay's set-up:

LindsayKyle_PB_02_1.jpg

Bill,

Those silencers look like big cock tail shakers....are you sure you don't drink?

David

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Spot on Chris, Eddy, You have met Brother Ron, He was a welder, We spent hours making things, But to be honest, They did not work too good, They were Slater Plates and the axle hole was not in the middle !! Me being me, I fitted them the night befor a race, And only a third of the lining was touching !! Big mistake. So when I got home we made the axle hole bigger and made the shoes fully floating, Looking back, We should have made each shoe pivot, But a lot of my Mod's didn't work, But that is all part of the game !!, In 17 years racing, I had some good days, And got good power out of my bikes, But I was not very Brave !, Cheers Bill.