E: Engine Exhaust butterfly valve?

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It looks like the butterfly effect does some sound reduction, so it's out to the workshop (I wasn't doing much anyway) and I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks
Howard

Little Honda

Non-VOC Member
Try a longitudinal slot in the tail pipe of yr silencer, 4in x 3/8in, pointing vertically downwards. It does sweeten
the crisp note of yr straight through exhaust.

Howard

VOC Member
Try a longitudinal slot in the tail pipe of yr silencer, 4in x 3/8in, pointing vertically downwards. It does sweeten
the crisp note of yr straight through exhaust.
Interesting, just got to work out how to do it with the kit available.

Howard

VOC Member
I went to the filling station this afternoon for the first outing, about 3 miles round trip. The nipple pulled off the clutch cable as I pulled into the filling station!!!! Annoyingly, it's one of the few parts I haven't messed with in the last 2 months. I'd forgotten how much "fun" it was, riding without a clutch.

vibrac

VOC Member
When the nipple pulled out of my throttle cable on my Bantam (years ago) I stuck the end under the petrol cap slipped my knee under the cable and worked the throttle with my knee luckily the bantam would not go over 50 or the wind could have caused a vicious feed back loop...

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
The end of my clutch cable came off during the '99 International. We were at a motorway service station, wondering what the heck we were going to do. Then I spotted an AA table, to recruit new members. I asked them if they had a reciprocal deal with the AAA in the states. They said sure. We called for a truck, and unlike in the US, their trucks actually carry cable fittings. Back on the road, at no cost. What a deal.

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Before wrecking the silencer, I would be inclined to experiment on a plain extension pipe. The grass track sidecar guys put four slots in. They didn't remove the piece between the slots, they drove it inwards so it was visible from the end view. It won't make it much quieter but will take the"crack" out of it.