Ex VOC member

D C Rich

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am trying to make contact with, I believe an ex Vincent Owners Club member, by the name of Phil Eacott.

I met him many years ago on a very wet and rainy day, when he and his Rapide parted company at the bottom of Rownham Hill, Bristol.
For some time we kept in contact, but, inevitably, over the years contact has been lost.

If any of you do know of his whereabouts and can contact him, I would greatly appreciate your asistance as I would very much like to get in touch with him again.
I also realise that in these p.c. times, many people do not like their personal details being bandied about, so, If he is willing to contact me, perhaps someone could indicate as such and I will give my E details.

To jog his memory, my name is David Rich and at the time I owned (and still own) a 1938 250cc Triumph T70 - it strugglled to pull the two of us up Rownham Hill - Phil was a big lad!

best regards
David Rich (a wannabee Vincent owner)

D C Rich

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks for your reply Tracey.

I am not altogether surprised that he is not registered as a member as it was many years ago, during the 1960's & 70's when I was in contact with him. I don't even know if he ever was a member, although I would be surprised if he wasn't. There were regularly at least 5 assorted Vinnies at his house and he was heavily involved in motor cycle training.
I have been told by another member of the Vincent Owners Club, that his wife, Jill, wrote articles for a club publication, perhaps this might give a clue in locating him.
Is there a club official who I could contact in the Bristol area, as, if he had been in the club at all, I am sure that living in Bristol, that is where he would have joined?

D C Rich

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
That widens the search a bit!
Is there any way that I can contact her, or the Vincent Owners Club in America, or does this forum do that anyway? (sorry if I seem thick)!

len.c

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi David ,I am surprised we haven't met as I also slid down Rownham Hill back in the sixties, but it's better now, they have a flashing slow down sign and a wooden fence to prevent would be surfers falling into the mounted police headquarters, Have you tried Facebook ?
Regards Len.c

D C Rich

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Got him!

I had a phone call earlier this evening from Brian Werrett who couldn't get on to the forum, but found out my phone number - great detective work. Phil Eacott now located and I shall be contacting him very shortly.

My thanks to all who have helped.