Ex John Ulver Racer

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
We should be able to get the inside info on this:

Ulver Racer 02.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Vince...ash=item33e467f3be:g:oawAAOSwspdaovgm&vxp=mtr

David

Last edited:

greg brillus

VOC Member
Looks like quite a few spares come with it...........If that was in Aussie dollars I would be tempted. I like the comment about the "Weak rear frame members" In comparison to what...........A Featherbed frame seems weak to me, and I've got three of them here.

mercurycrest

VOC Member
I was sorry to see it was bought to be flipped after the story I was given. The engine/gearbox is in excellent condition (1-1/2” Alpha)
with a never used Terry Prince top end with 12-1 pistons. The clutch needs attention. I never used it with front brakes. The Vincent heads were flowed by Dan Baisley in Portland, Oregon. It ran just over 150 at PIR, 135 at Bonneville, but trying to feed kids and a race bike at the same time doesn’t work. Lots of good parts there, the carbs need lots of work, I kept the GP’s. And magneto. Never got a record, as there was no Vintage class at the time and my competition was Yoshimira Kawasaki!
Low ball your bid and you won’t get hurt.
Cheers, John

Albervin

VOC Member
I was sorry to see it was bought to be flipped after the story I was given. The engine/gearbox is in excellent condition (1-1/2” Alpha)
with a never used Terry Prince top end with 12-1 pistons. The clutch needs attention. I never used it with front brakes. The Vincent heads were flowed by Dan Baisley in Portland, Oregon. It ran just over 150 at PIR, 135 at Bonneville, but trying to feed kids and a race bike at the same time doesn’t work. Lots of good parts there, the carbs need lots of work, I kept the GP’s. And magneto. Never got a record, as there was no Vintage class at the time and my competition was Yoshimira Kawasaki!
Low ball your bid and you won’t get hurt.
Cheers, John
Sadly John we are often told a story like " I will never sell this" only to see it turn up soon after with a decent profit margin added on. It happens here in Australia too often.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I don't know how you value a bike like this, It's bad enough with standard ish bikes, Mine have all been messed about with, Hope I never have to find out !, Like Ron says, It's someone else's problem, When I've gone. Cheers Bill.