Et98/1

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Can any of the assembled sages tell me why there are 12 of these listed in the series "D" parts list? Are they in the clutch, hung around the spokes or is this just an egregious blunder forced by financial constraints?

vince998

VOC Member
Sorry Bruce, i thought it was common knowledge (But not talked about by B and C riders ;-)
I´ve just remembered where the other 6 ET98/1s go..............In the toolbox to help out B and C riders when their exploding ATDs mash up the timing side :) :)
Did Tony Cording make you post that?

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Now, I specifically did NOT say that the Series "D" machines themselves were "an egregious blunder forced by financial constraints" but if you're gunna get nasty-------!!

vince998

VOC Member
ATD combined with distributor, double primrary chain tensioner, gearbox camplate spindle housing, improved clutch nut seal, coil ignition, monoshock rear suspension, Lucas E3L dynamo, ignition/charging light in ammeter, proper closing toolbox, 2 front heads, ingenious main stand, 2 plate steering damper, better damped ESA, thicker ESA plate, die cast crank cases (please sing through to the tune of "12 days of christmas" (twice) and add a nane na ne na na at the end!!)

That´s a lot of needed improvements carried out under "financial constraints (and i´m only talking about the open models), and where´s the "egregious blunder"? It all looks pretty planned to me ;-)

b'knighted

VOC Member
Many of the improvements like improved lights, front brake light, weather protection and fully sprung seat were made in response to the requests of B & C riders as detailed in an early MPH. Sadly, although I remember the existence of the article, possibly spread over a couple of months, I can't now find it.

vince998

VOC Member
Guess that sorted that then?
Still absolutely none the wiser why their are 12 in the parts list though?
Many of the improvements like improved lights, front brake light, weather protection and fully sprung seat were made in response to the requests of B & C riders as detailed in an early MPH. Sadly, although I remember the existence of the article, possibly spread over a couple of months, I can't now find it.