Et98/1

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
'fraid so, or at least it used to be when I was a schoolboy and Vincents were for people with jobs.

mr.hutch

VOC Member
Perfecly correct Ian'
The simple medical description, "is the voluntary emptying of the bladder", probably against a vertical wall or similar, with or wth out porcelain.
I hope this does not offend members as this was common parlance back in the 1950's, I must say however that I have not heard this particular term used for many years.
Time and language march on it seems.

'fraid so, or at least it used to be when I was a schoolboy and Vincents were for people with jobs.

b'knighted

VOC Member
The vertical wall was essential if you were going for the school record!

This has reminded me of a joke I heard at about that period which played on the trans-Atlantic differences in language.
"A 'colonial' tourist having arrived at the docks but being in need of a slash asked a docker for directions to the urinal. The reply was - "How many funnels has she got?""
I fear I am regressing.

Bazlerker

Non-VOC Member
ATD combined with distributor, double primrary chain tensioner, gearbox camplate spindle housing, improved clutch nut seal, coil ignition, monoshock rear suspension, Lucas E3L dynamo

Scary to think of a Lucas component as an "upgrade"

vince998

VOC Member
Cheers Bob !!
My E3L is rewired to 12 volt, powers electronic ignition, two 3 ohm double dyna coils and a 55 watt main beam and a 7.5 amp hour AGM battery without problems? with an almost flat battery (like after water gets in the horn switch and the horn is going all night), the lot is balanced at 2000 RPM (electronic regulator) and the ammeter comes back down to zero after about an hour on the motorway. Up till now, it´s the most reliable bit on the bike ;-)
Scary to think of a Lucas component as an "upgrade"

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Now you have read Mr Hutch's description, I expect you can understand better than my offspring why an A rock "star " calling himself Slash gains absolutely NO respect fron their father!