• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Et98/1

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
Can any of the assembled sages tell me why there are 12 of these listed in the series "D" parts list? Are they in the clutch, hung around the spokes or is this just an egregious blunder forced by financial constraints?

vince998

VOC Member
Sorry Bruce, i thought it was common knowledge (But not talked about by B and C riders ;-)
I´ve just remembered where the other 6 ET98/1s go..............In the toolbox to help out B and C riders when their exploding ATDs mash up the timing side :) :)
Did Tony Cording make you post that?

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Now, I specifically did NOT say that the Series "D" machines themselves were "an egregious blunder forced by financial constraints" but if you're gunna get nasty-------!!

vince998

VOC Member
ATD combined with distributor, double primrary chain tensioner, gearbox camplate spindle housing, improved clutch nut seal, coil ignition, monoshock rear suspension, Lucas E3L dynamo, ignition/charging light in ammeter, proper closing toolbox, 2 front heads, ingenious main stand, 2 plate steering damper, better damped ESA, thicker ESA plate, die cast crank cases (please sing through to the tune of "12 days of christmas" (twice) and add a nane na ne na na at the end!!)

That´s a lot of needed improvements carried out under "financial constraints (and i´m only talking about the open models), and where´s the "egregious blunder"? It all looks pretty planned to me ;-)

b'knighted

VOC Member
Many of the improvements like improved lights, front brake light, weather protection and fully sprung seat were made in response to the requests of B & C riders as detailed in an early MPH. Sadly, although I remember the existence of the article, possibly spread over a couple of months, I can't now find it.

vince998

VOC Member
Guess that sorted that then?
Still absolutely none the wiser why their are 12 in the parts list though?
Many of the improvements like improved lights, front brake light, weather protection and fully sprung seat were made in response to the requests of B & C riders as detailed in an early MPH. Sadly, although I remember the existence of the article, possibly spread over a couple of months, I can't now find it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Photos from the 2022 North American Rally

Photos from the 2022 Annual Rally

Photos from the 2022 French Rally