ET77 Main bearing distance piece

clevtrev

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
On big end bearings . It seems that INA cages were used in recent years also by ALPHA but these German made bearing assemblies have dried up . Prince used them as well I think while available . Not aware of what is available at the moment .
I'd accept what DavidD says as he is a racer to his boot straps and keeps right up with whats current and best . No doubt about his knowledge being cutting edge .
The Works used alloy cages with tripple quarter by quarter inch rollers , three in each slot . Proved on the Picador and fitted to all Black Lightnings . Together with Vibrac rods this was the top setup , and this big end along with a double speed pump worm gives excellent service for racing and fast road work . It was used in my drag bike for several years of regular racing , and before that for fast street riding over a large mileage without any bother or replacements . Sid .
INA are not being made, probably due to the reason, that they have been found wanting. Cue Mr. Lowinger for conformation of that.

riptragle1953

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Whatever actual bearing you use try and find outer races that are tight to the bearing after pressing into the rod and have the rod races honed to a .0006 -.0008'' fitting clearance.