ET35 Valve Stem Collar

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Medat727 mentioned this to me a few months ago, that the ET35's that were being sent out no longer fit Vincent valves. ET 35 is the hardened and ground button that slips onto the valve stem that the rocker fork bears on. I found it hard to believe, but he was right. The ET35's I ordered would not fit a new Vincent valve. A quick call to Coventry and I found that sized ones are available. The issue, apparently, was lots of complaints from owners who had valves from different suppliers that the ET35's would not fit.

Most folks do not have the equipment to resize these items. It is not a big deal as long as you make sure you are getting the finished ET35s.

ET35.JPG

David

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
David. when I was 17 I had a 250cc 1939 Velo I used on Grass track it use to drop valves I fixed it by tack welding the collars it worked

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
and used it on aluminium.
i used a CBN clissel to machine them, and make them int fit to -0,01 if toooo small they can crack, and thus will happen

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Medat727 mentioned this to me a few months ago, that the ET35's that were being sent out no longer fit Vincent valves. ET 35 is the hardened and ground button that slips onto the valve stem that the rocker fork bears on. I found it hard to believe, but he was right. The ET35's I ordered would not fit a new Vincent valve. A quick call to Coventry and I found that sized ones are available. The issue, apparently, was lots of complaints from owners who had valves from different suppliers that the ET35's would not fit.

Most folks do not have the equipment to resize these items. It is not a big deal as long as you make sure you are getting the finished ET35s.

View attachment 15857

David
I have always thought they were a bit Too Tight, Worried about damage to the Valve, When fitting.
I once knew a young lad, Who took a bit off the valve stems, To make them go on better !!, OK it was Me ! Cheers Bill.

davidd

VOC Member
I have always thought they were a bit Too Tight, Worried about damage to the Valve, When fitting.
I once knew a young lad, Who took a bit off the valve stems, To make them go on better !!, OK it was Me ! Cheers Bill.

Pat Manning told me he always cuts the step down so it is easier to get the button on and off!

David