E: Engine ET26/2 Extra Long Rocker Bearing

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Greg, I'm following what you're saying. The pin needs more bevel than what it is supplied with, don't bother with heat/cooling, some lube is more important. Some form of support for the rocker.
Thanks.
Steven

Vibrac, Fracture!!! o_O Bevel is top of the to do list!!!
Thanks.
Steven

Stu, The front rocker in your photo looks very similar to the Spares Co. rockers I just purchased, which definitely has more material removed than that which is in the rear of your photo. Si I'm feeling good about that now. I followed the 1 1/4":)
Thanks.
Steven

stu spalding

VOC Member
The best thing to do with the pins ET28 is spin them in a drill and break the edges with a fine stone. They then won't pick up in the bushes or rockers. Cheers, Stu.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Hi Greg, I had heard of the need to relieve the rockers clear the inner nuts. I am hoping that the new rockers I purchased from the spares co. are relieved enough, they are advertised as such.View attachment 25436
I also purchase new rocker pins. They appear to have a bevel on them, do you think this is sufficient or should aim for a bit more?View attachment 25437
I was consider making stepped pin to guide the new rocker pin as it is pressed in or even a threaded one that I could gently draw it in with. I was also thinking about warming up the rockers in an old toaster oven and chilling the pins in the fridge along with a little light lube. Thoughts?
Steven

Well one could take out a bit more metal and get really light ones.!

It sure looks not all right. Part taken out where they need to be stiff.
But one never knows.
If they hold one let me know plse

Cheers

greg brillus

VOC Member
The stock rockers I generally grind them so they look similar to the one in the picture above to the rear of the photo. And I usually polish the grind marks out and radius the edges, I don't like sharp edges or burs on holes. The new rockers that Neal supplies are like the originals but the hole is higher up and does not have the cutaway sections like the ones shown in the above picture.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I wonder how many people have not known of this problem, And put an Engine together, As is ?.
I was worried about how much I had to grind off the rockers, When we did one in 2015, Although I have used this Mod' for many years, Even made my own version, And used Spares Company ones as well.
I thought I was grinding too much !.
Nice to see the Spares Company parts are ground like this now.
I think it's how deep the valve seats are part of the problem. Cheers Bill.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Has anyone on here got access to a 'Finite Element Analysis' program? Even knowing that the forces along the top edge are 'compressive, it still does not look right to me. In the past I have ground them as the rear one in the photograph.