E: Engine ET162 dimensions

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I knew I made a note of it , When we did a Comet for a friend,
The works supplied them 7/16 !, Which I make 437 and 1/2 thou' long.
Where as my old ones were 445 thou,
I can sleep now :D .
Craig, The hole in the middle is a 1/4", Good Luck, Bill.

Ian Savage

VOC Vice President
VOC Member
That's a tricky one, The last ones I had from the Spares Company where not the same size,
As an old one, I am thinking you want to make your own ?,
Bill, I was concerned at the possible quality problem you had with the ET162's you claimed you bought from the VOC Spares Co so I started to check into it.
But it seems you haven't bought any these for as long as our current records go back which is over 10 years!
Please qualify comments like this by saying when you might have actually bought the part.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Bill, I was concerned at the possible quality problem you had with the ET162's you claimed you bought from the VOC Spares Co so I started to check into it.
But it seems you haven't bought any these for as long as our current records go back which is over 10 years!
Please qualify comments like this by saying when you might have actually bought the part.
Ron got them from you for Barb's Comet.
When we had trouble with your oil pump screw too.

craig

VOC Member
My guess, not a measurement.
What do you find?
spacer-dimET162.jpg

Cyborg

VOC Member
Diameter isn’t critical and it just has to fit over the 1/4 stud. If Vincent Brake says it’s 10.65 mm long, that’s good enough for me.....

Edited just in case someone thought it was funny.... or maybe not funny at all.

Last edited:

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I was going to order one just to get the measurements, but Coventry is out of stock.... which seems unusual because their fill rate is usually 99-100%. I ordered about 40 lines this AM
No wonder I got their voice mail so many times while I was trying to call them today...

Cyborg

VOC Member
Not only that, I think I may have tipped him over the edge. Actually he saved me some grief because I had somehow (possibly stupidly) managed to duplicate a few lines. Always good to deal with.