E: Engine ET162 dimensions

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Anyone have or know where I can find the dimensions for ET162 steady plate distance piece?
Please and thank you.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
That's a tricky one, The last ones I had from the Spares Company where not the same size,
As an old one, I am thinking you want to make your own ?,

Attachments

• 26_STEADY_PLATE_SPACER_thumb.jpg
    26_STEADY_PLATE_SPACER_thumb.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 28

craig

VOC Member
Not available at this time, I need three as well.

Steel or alloy?

M013-ET162.jpg

Last edited:

Cyborg

VOC Member
Yes want to make my own. I was going to order one just to get the measurements, but Coventry is out of stock.... which seems unusual because their fill rate is usually 99-100%. I ordered about 40 lines this AM and the only things out of stock were the spacers and linings for the clutch which are apparently not supplied separately anymore. If I used my melon, I could figure out the dimensions, but should wait until I have the steady plate ready to go on?? I think. It would give me something to do while Fido at customs checks the order for contraband.

Ps... if they are different, then maybe I should just drill and turn the stock and make the final cut when I’m ready for the steady plate. I still need to give the spindles their final beating to get the end float/ shim thing sorted and haven’t installed the large idler spindle.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I think it's 55 thou under half an inch Long, By half an inch wide,
But wait for another reply ?.
I am sure I have seen it in 64 ths But I am no good at this !.

How about 29 /64th :D , But as I said the Spares Company was nothing like this.

Last edited:

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Yes you could work it out with the camshafts and thrust washers and steady plate,
The 55 thou under 1/2" Is an old one of mine ready for my 560.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
That's interesting, just found a bit from Martyn "OS", Says if the ET162 is too long after putting cams etc in,
File a bit off !!, Or if too short add shims.