E: Engine Engine Valve Timing

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
You Mean Like this? Good quality magnetic bases on the UFM, taking care to make sure the indicator shaft is co-axial to the pushrods. When done I replaced the standard tappet adjustment screw with the allen key version sold by the club.
Steven

View attachment 25064
Nice. The digital gauges are quite cheap to buy and when you are doing it by the equal lift at 4º BTDC method they are much better to read as with dial gauges the needles are moving in different directions.o_O

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Agreed. They only cost $30 or $40 dollars each. Before I used them I mounted each of them on my lathe with digital read out to check accuracy. No problems there. The bases I already had. So all in all $80 well invested I think.
Steven

powella

Non-VOC Member
Thanks for the replies.
Note to Steven - Both DTI`s showing 090 now that really is valves " Rocking " ! Only joking.
Do the DTI`s have a Zero out button and do they show + and - sign`s ?
Christmas wish list I think.

Regards Alan.

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
See OVR #39 for a detailed description of "How To" and more. Available in the OVR Archive

Last edited by a moderator:

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Thanks for the replies.
Note to Steven - Both DTI`s showing 090 now that really is valves " Rocking " ! Only joking.
Do the DTI`s have a Zero out button and do they show + and - sign`s ?
Christmas wish list I think.

Regards Alan.
Yes, they have a zero button and once zeroed will show a - sign if indicator shaft moves down after zeroed.

Think mine cost £26 the pair from China.

These are from China also. £26 a pair really is a good deal.

Steven