ET: Engine (Twin) Engine stand

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Here is a poor copy of Litnman's stand that I haven't used yet:

View attachment 39192
I think I may have enough metal around to make something. I’ve been stealing kitchenware and sheet aluminum from the heat ducts to make things. The stay at home thing has me operating like one of those POW’s that repurposes bunkbed slats into tunnel reinforcement. Made a spiffy magneto breather cover out of the heating duct flashing.

Albervin

VOC Member
That looks too precarious for me!
Absolutely rock solid at the moment. Bill's is almost identical to mine. A small hydraulic bottle jack and several pre-set locking points means it is easy to raise and lower. When I strapped the engine on I tried reasonably hard to tip it and the unit didn't move a mm. The lift weighs in at 36 kg.

Bernhard_Austria

Forum User
VOC Member
That’s a modified car Engine stand.

Attachments

• F035109B-7A1D-4DE4-B65C-5BF117D1C2CF.jpeg
    F035109B-7A1D-4DE4-B65C-5BF117D1C2CF.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 4A8B5E21-74DB-4C1B-95AE-F99EFFE43C52.jpeg
    4A8B5E21-74DB-4C1B-95AE-F99EFFE43C52.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 71

vibrac

VOC Member
When starting from scratch on my comet I simply held the crankcase on a stand made of rectangular steel box tube fixed to the bike lift with the bottom crankcase bolts and hung everything off that the wheels had about 1" clearance to the table and I slipped in wooden packers I thought trying out the seating position was a step to far I did that later :)

1608626028681.png

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I thought the motors are too lumpy on the bottom to be steady, but obviously all is well.
Yes you have to make some form of Level,
If you look at my Comet, There is one bit of wood on the right hand corner,
The tops are rubber, So not to slippery.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
When Ron was on His own in Devon, He rigged up a Sliding Gantry ? ,
To either shift the Engine or the whole Bike to and from a fixed Bike bench,
At one time we had just the Engine up at shoulder height.
Just lift what ever and move the bench !,
Or Lift the Bike and slide it to over the Bench.

Attachments

• IMGP5014.JPG
    IMGP5014.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 56

Albervin

VOC Member
I thought the motors are too lumpy on the bottom to be steady, but obviously all is well.
You need a piece of wood to block under the right hand side of the G50 plus the rubber on the stand absorbs some curves. With the rear stand now down I am about to add some weight to the front with the steering stem etc. There will, of course, be some unforeseen problems!