ET: Engine (Twin) Engine stand

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If you have room on the floor I have a big stand that you can put the cases on to finish the engine and even bolt all the frames to it or put just the UFM on and build the cycle parts and then attach to the engine.

Tom Just built his twin on it

20171117_095738_HDR.jpg

Cyborg

VOC Member
Thanks for the offer Robert. I’ll give it some thought..... I have room in the basement, but unsure if I could deal with the pressure to actually complete the engine in a reasonable amount of time and return the stand. I’m considering doing another (non Vincent) project at the same time. Guarantees there is always something to do while I’m searching for parts, but obviously stretches out the timeline.

Cyborg

VOC Member
I modified this automotive engine stand to suit the Vincent as well as
other bike engines. Keeps the work bench clear.
I have an orphan engine stand like that and have given it some thought. It does make sense in that I wouldn’t need to worry about getting the engine off the bench. Would have to put better wheels on the stand so the hardwood floor between the bedroom and garage wouldn’t get damaged. The bride’s sense of humour does have a limit.

Cyborg

VOC Member
It sits out the back of my carport. You could have it for as long as you want. I don't see me building another one in the foreseeable!
Could I bolt axles on it and install some rubber wheels? I should mention they are Honda lawn mower wheels in case that offends you.