ET: Engine (Twin) Engine stand

BigEd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I’m pretty sure the Spares Co. sell engine stands specifically for the Vincent engine.
The search facility on the Spares Co website comes up with some strange items if you put in "engine stand" but did find these:

Engine Support Plates, laser cut 1/4" (6mm) steel plate.
Fits in place of FT23 stand plates, using existing studs to hold crankcases steady will dismantling or rebuilding the motor.
Fits both twin and single engines

1609144540723.png

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I have said before, If there was some way The Spares Company could tell us of,
New Or Modified Things we could buy, They would sell more ?.
I have been around Vincent's a long time and still these things are coming up,
I have tried to PLUG !!, A few things in the past, That I have found Via My Brother,
But I am out of touch !. Cheers Bill.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
They do have this page https://vocspares.mamutweb.com/Shop/List/FeaturedNew-Products/63/1

Maybe a post on the Forum when it is updated or mentions in their advert in MPH. I do remember some of the latter, but consistently would be handy. Setting up an email blast to all their customers whose email addresses they have, with option to unsubscribe, could work.

Reminds me of Carl Hungness' series of MPH articles after he complained that a lot of "insider" info wasn't widely disseminated.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Good that they are available and good that you posted that in this thread. Although.... if I bought one of those instead of borrowing one or making it myself, I’d be breaking the rules.

andrew peters

VOC Member
I made this stand a while back, a bit heavy duty maybe.. on top of the Vincent engine stand is an adapted Harley Sportster engine mount, I also have a mount for Harley Big twins that bolts on top of the stand. The stand has adjustable feet and swivels around with a lockpin to hold the stand from spinning...

Attachments

• IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 60