ET: Engine (Twin) Engine stand

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Sorry if this is of no help but I bought this adjustable stand/lift for $160 here in Australia. It goes as low as 11cm and up to 33cm. That means I can wheel it under a Vincent and lift it, dismantle it etc. The stool is to support the RFM until I fit the springs and shock absorber. The unit has a limit of 660Kg.

Attachments

• IMG_1408.jpeg
    IMG_1408.jpeg
    394.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

Herman-Handlebars

Non-VOC Member
There is one newly listed on the spares site which looks good. Like the pic it would work well with a scissor lift if the bench height is low.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-124643_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-124643_Samsung Internet.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 89

Cyborg

VOC Member
Sorry if this is of no help but I bought this adjustable stand/lift for $160 here in Australia. It goes as low as 110cm and up to 330cm. That means I can wheel it under a Vincent and lift it, dismantle it etc. The stool is to support the RFM until I fit the springs and shock absorber. The unit has a limit of 660Kg.
Thanks for the reply. I have something similar to that and actually looking for a replacement. Although what I need in that department is either a new spine or a lift that goes as low as that one and as high as bench level. They seem expensive, but probably cheaper than back surgery. If the workbench was heavier or was securely bolted to the bedroom wall, then I could bolt a davit to the bench. Pick up the engine off the floor hoist and swing it over the bench.

Cyborg

VOC Member
Thanks for all the replies (and the link Bruce) . I seem to be challenged when it comes to the search function.
They will give me some ideas. Whatever I end up with needs to be bolted to the bench in order to reduce the likelihood of it taking flight during one of our seismic events.