Engine Manual/Parts List

bcrw47

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hello Folks,

Firstly I have to state that I don't own, or even have access to either a single or a twin, but I used to in the far dim past have a Rapide Series D, I believe it was a spares made up model of 1957 origin, TXN 163.

I've been following the threads on here, and would really like to understand what individual posters are referring to, ie: G32 -/1 -/2, G35, G36/1 G50, G61 and E80, to list just a few.

I presume these relate to part numbers, so my question is could someone point me in the right direction, to obtain a reasonably priced copy of an engine manual/parts list that would enable me to keep up.

As an afterthought, if anyone in the North Lincs area requires a bit of machining doing, ie: turning, milling and small diameter grinding, pm me as I'd love to help out(I'm not a business, just a hobby machinist with reasonable capacity)

Thanks in advance

Bernard Wright(bcrw47)

John Cone

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Whoopee, with an avatar like that we have someone else who thinks outside the Vincent box. I think Len Matthews will agree with me on this one.

Peter Stokes

VOC Member
And me, although I thought I would have a change from my usual steam loco avatar! I never saw any of Mr Gresley's products in the days of steam, as I lived in ex LMS territory, and much later on realised that there had been superb steam locos in other countries - particularly France.

We digress - Pete

bcrw47

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Digress away, Sir Nigel Gresley now resides at Grosmont near Whitby, the wife and I had a great time tracking the steam line from Pickering to Grosmont, there's some narrow roads/tracks in them thar hills.

Bernard

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
If you go to www.thevincent.com, you can download a parts list as an Excel file hyperlinked to the drawings that accompany the parts list. So when you click on ET50, it takes you to drawing M013 so you can see what it is. If that doesn't work, send me your personal email and I'll send you a copy. It was free to download so there are no legal issues.

Hello Folks,

Firstly I have to state that I don't own, or even have access to either a single or a twin, but I used to in the far dim past have a Rapide Series D, I believe it was a spares made up model of 1957 origin, TXN 163.

I've been following the threads on here, and would really like to understand what individual posters are referring to, ie: G32 -/1 -/2, G35, G36/1 G50, G61 and E80, to list just a few.

I presume these relate to part numbers, so my question is could someone point me in the right direction, to obtain a reasonably priced copy of an engine manual/parts list that would enable me to keep up.

As an afterthought, if anyone in the North Lincs area requires a bit of machining doing, ie: turning, milling and small diameter grinding, pm me as I'd love to help out(I'm not a business, just a hobby machinist with reasonable capacity)

Thanks in advance

Bernard Wright(bcrw47)