End of a Chopped engine...

nkt267

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
the builder of this bike had it on our stand at Copdock a few years ago.
The build quality is OUTSTANDING. He built the frame himself around a Royal Enfield headstock I believe.
The engine was ALREADY CHOPPED when he got it, so what do you do?. Build another Norvin or let your imagination run wild and personalise your own bike.
Although this look like a rigid frame it is actually sprung with the swinging arm cleverly disguised under the seat.
Please do not judge the builder by the use of a chopped engine..John

vibrac

VOC Member
the builder of this bike had it on our stand at Copdock a few years ago.
The build quality is OUTSTANDING. He built the frame himself around a Royal Enfield headstock I believe.
The engine was ALREADY CHOPPED when he got it, so what do you do?. Build another Norvin or let your imagination run wild and personalise your own bike.
Although this look like a rigid frame it is actually sprung with the swinging arm cleverly disguised under the seat.
Please do not judge the builder by the use of a chopped engine..John

I wasn't .

Jim Richardson

VOC Member
He turned up Sunday morning at the Suffolk rally a couple of years back, I think he thought that he would upset a few people, but
everyone was impressed with the quality and thought that had gone into solving the problems.

Howard

VOC Member
..John[/QUOTE]

Ans : Build another Norvin!

H

Sorry, personal view, each to their own, good work but I hate it.

jim burgess

VOC Member
The bike is stunning! From memory in conversation with the builder, I understand his Father used the chopped engine in a car many years ago when a lot a Vins ended up in the smelter. So salvaged then. After that it is a free country, just.
I love it.
Jim Burgess, Norvin Section dis-organ-isor....

aldeburgh

Non-VOC Member
Its a good looking piece of engineering and it gladdens my heart that somebody somewhere ,in this country, still wants to do things with spanners , Good on im!!

Last edited: