A: Oil Pipework Enclosed Model Oil Feed Pipe

Montlhery

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Has anyone come up with a solution to the Oil feed pipe on the enclosed models ,fouling the petrol tap or stretching when the rear cowls is open etc ? There must be a better way .. It put strain on the banjo bolt Alloy
IMG_8170.JPG
IMG_8170.JPG which eventually cried enough .

timetraveller

VOC Member
A thought only as my 'D' is the prototype Knight and differs in several ways from the rest of them, The question is 'do you need to open the rear end fully to get at whatever you need to?' If not then the solution might be to reduce the length of the prop which holds up the rear end. On my bike the prop is a piece of s/s brake rod which pivots at the top end in the normal way but which, at the bottom end, just fits into a piece of tube welded to the top of one of the UFM tubes. That is, there is no boss in the tube to take the final design flanged fitting. Reducing the length will reduce the height but you will have to determine on your own bike whether that would restrict access to something.

Montlhery

VOC Member
A thought only as my 'D' is the prototype Knight and differs in several ways from the rest of them, The question is 'do you need to open the rear end fully to get at whatever you need to?' If not then the solution might be to reduce the length of the prop which holds up the rear end. On my bike the prop is a piece of s/s brake rod which pivots at the top end in the normal way but which, at the bottom end, just fits into a piece of tube welded to the top of one of the UFM tubes. That is, there is no boss in the tube to take the final design flanged fitting. Reducing the length will reduce the height but you will have to determine on your own bike whether that would restrict access to something.
Thanks timetraveller , thinking outside the box ! I suppose the higher it is the easier access to battery , rear chain etc but does it have too be that high ??