Emovis/Sanef Tag for French Peage. ( Motorway )

Tracey Tilley

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have invested in a Tag that allows you to go through the "
" lane on French Motorways, (Peage).

We have not used motorways much in the past but with the new speed limits on smaller roads, it increased our travelling time a lot last year.

So it's easier to prevent paying the car charge, avoid the queues to pay or take ticket. You automatically get " seen" as a motorcycle and whizz through the dedicated lane, in theory. Otherwise you have to stop and take ticket , do the journey, at the end press button for class 5 for motorcycle and pay.

This tag takes the money from your bank , there is a small charge for the tag and administration and 20 Euros refundable deposit.
You have an account that logs every toll so you can check if they charged correctly. If not apparently they refund you.

Here is the link, it arrived in 2 days. I'll report back on whether it was a good idea or not.

www.emovis-tag.co.uk

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes the days of wafting through France at 60 is gone forever, my trip to Sardinia cemented that fact in my mind you cant beat running up the two way roads to Dunkirk or Calais at 50 (or 40 at junctions) with lorries (French of course) overtaking and as for using motorways I might as well be in a tin box. no France is out for motorcycling I think
Luckily A & B roads in the island next door and bordering countries are still navigable.

Dominique2

VOC Member
If you ride on clever choosen roads, far from main ways, it is delicious and you can ride as you wish most of your travel time

vibrac

VOC Member
I suppose a french number plate helps......
certainly it was French lorries that overtook me at 50 plus

Dominique2

VOC Member
oh no ! French plate does not help at all ! I would prefer to get a foreign plate... policemen woul be much understanding with foreigners fault… Lorrie could be severely punished if catched

bmetcalf

VOC Member
We have been driving on the A7 with 130 kph limit, but the tolls have been very impressive!