FT: Frame (Twin) Elephant trunk breather

Vincent Brake

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I saw a while ago a usa man made up some breather sets, and sold on ebay, i like to buy two sets, who knows who he is, PM me or whatever.

thanx in advance

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
I saw a while ago a usa man made up some breather sets, and sold on ebay, i like to buy two sets, who knows who he is, PM me or whatever.

thanx in advance
Are you sure it was USA Vincent, I told the Forum about Young John, Who comes on the Forum some times. Cheers Bill.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Overlander: is a stainless steel one, made from sheet metal, bit flimsy...
or am i wrong?

Bill i thought it was usa, but its a small world nowadays

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Vincent, youngjohn had an advert on ebay some time ago, He supplied a modified rocker adjuster cap with a valve in it, Looked good to me, But up till now I have just used a pipe with a car flame trap, Or just a pipe.
Maybe P.M. him on this Forum, To see if he still does them. Cheers Bill.

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
I like the trunk thing, as when at low revs, there is a lot of air pumping action, causing seals to break down, and all that shit. The big surface and pipe let this freely happen. At higer rev, anythingey is good enough.
No under pressure (reed valve) valve for me.

but all your comments are true, it looks a bit like an Thai elephant yes.:rolleyes:

vibrac

VOC Member
Although I am not a defender of originality if a better method exists I have no idea why these ugly things still mar the beauty of the timing cover of many machines. There are far better ways of controlling the matter unobtrusively and the forum is full of recommendation and advice.
I will now retire to my bunker :cool:

stu spalding

VOC Member
I like the trunk thing, as when at low revs, there is a lot of air pumping action, causing seals to break down, and all that shit. The big surface and pipe let this freely happen. At higer rev, anythingey is good enough.
No under pressure (reed valve) valve for me.

but all your comments are true, it looks a bit like an Thai elephant yes.:rolleyes:
The only time an engine needs to breath a lot of air out is when it is allowed to breath a lot in. The reed valves on my breather lift very little on tickover and even less as the revs increase. Having the crankcases in a near permanent partial vacuum has to be good. Cheers, Stu.