PR: Proprietary Items Electronic Speedos?

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Ian, I never look at VOCSC for anything non-Vincent. Unfortunately their's is about twice the price of similar ones elsewhere on the internet - mind you they don't have the chronometric ticking facility ..... Is that really an advantage?

H
I believe the electronic speedo AND tacho from the VOC can be configured to reproduce the Chronometric tick needle movement

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
The only other supplier I could find for the PR33 digital Chronometric tacho was Kullen Instruments in USA.I checked the VOC spares site for several months, but the item remained on backorder. Finally I ordered from Kullen, who had 2 in stock ( but none now). The price at Kullen was little higher than at the Spares Co, roughly 10% as I recall.
The tach worked great for one week but is currently nonfunctioning. It appears that an internal lead has broken off, however I need to do some more testing. There were no replacement items available as of two weeks ago, so Tom Kullen suggested I do as much testing as possible to be sure the problem was not with my bike's wiring system.
He has been very helpful, however it would be nice is Smiths would back the product up by providing the dealers with some stock. It looks like this one needs to go back for repair or replacement.

Glen

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
My latest norvin build has a custom made 5" gps jobbie from Speedhut in the usa. Good price, takes 25 seconds to aquire the sattelites.

Rixon

VOC Member
I've looked on the Speedhut site but can't see any reference to a Vincent speedometer. Can you point me in the right direction ?

Smiths Industries in the UK also have an electronic version available.

Cyborg

VOC Member
The only other supplier I could find for the PR33 digital Chronometric tacho was Kullen Instruments in USA.I checked the VOC spares site for several months, but the item remained on backorder. Finally I ordered from Kullen, who had 2 in stock ( but none now). The price at Kullen was little higher than at the Spares Co, roughly 10% as I recall.
The tach worked great for one week but is currently nonfunctioning. It appears that an internal lead has broken off, however I need to do some more testing. There were no replacement items available as of two weeks ago, so Tom Kullen suggested I do as much testing as possible to be sure the problem was not with my bike's wiring system.
He has been very helpful, however it would be nice is Smiths would back the product up by providing the dealers with some stock. It looks like this one needs to go back for repair or replacement.

Glen

How did you make out with getting the Smiths digital tach fixed?

Anyone else have experience with these (or the speedo) from a reliability point of view?

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Rixon, this is not a Vin speedo, it is a fully custom made job, so i can have something that nobody else has got. It is on a custom built Norvin.

Rixon

VOC Member
Electronic speedos 3" and 5" from Vincent Spares

The Smiths 5" digital speedo from Digital Speedos UK is £410. The Smiths 5" digital speedo from Vincent Spares is £886. Surely they can't be the same product ?