PR: Proprietary Items Electronic Speedos?

Dave61

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well I weighed up the pros & cons having decided that the Puca instruments were the closest replicas and Patrick had replied resonably quickly to my emails.
On 22nd August 2019 I placed my order for a Tacho & Speedometer, the speedo being the only no standard item as I wanted "idiot" lights.
This shouldn`t have been too much of a problem as he`d just started offering a range that included lights & he was just going to custom print a suitable Chronometric face.
I was very patient & only ocassionally chased them up,getting vague replies, so on Christmas Eve I sent a message saying am I ever likely to get them & was told I was in the first jobs to be started on 6th January.
Needless to say that despite a few hollow promises I still haven`t received them.
I realise that we may be in trying times but I don`t believe he would have been any better if things were normal given that Cyborg had exactly the same experience.
All I can say is that anyone who actually got instruments off him must have been bloody lucky.
Cheers
A disappointed Dave :)

Trevor Lever

Forum User
VOC Member
Dave61 after another $1k I now have an original Chrono speedo on my Godet Prince!
He even gave me the excuse that as it was a one off fr the Godet Prince and he should seek permission off them to supply me with another, even though I was prepared to pay for it!
Poor Patrick!
Ciao T.

Cyborg

VOC Member
1k sounds high. If you need another at some point, there is a fellow over here that does a really nice job. Send him a decent core (doesn’t have to be the exact one) and $400 CAD you get a nice instrument back.

81E3CE48-3ECB-4BF8-AA4B-A4FB790B7782.jpeg

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
This is the email I sent Patrick on Sunday followed by his reply today:

Hello Patrick,

As I haven`t heard from you for some time I thought I would send you one final email.

It has been ten months since I placed my order & I`m afraid my patience is exhausted.

I`m in my sixtieth year of being on this planet & in my adult life have ordered motorcycle components from big corporations to one man bands and on every continent & have to say you are the most unprofessional person I have ever tried to deal with.

If it were not for the fact that your product appears to be rather good I would not have let the situation progress for as long as I have.

If you have issues, either business or otherwise, it would have been a simple matter to say that you were unable to fulfill the order in a timely manner.
Regards
Dave

His reply:

As no deposit or fees were ever billed or paid we can consider this build project cancelled and closed.

regards

Patrick Keen

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
On Saturday I sent an email to Acewell to see if they were still operating as normal & was surprised to get a reply on Sunday morning telling me they were.
Ordered a Speedo from them later that day & it is due to be delivered on Tuesday.
Cheers
Dave

Garth Robinson

VOC Member
This is the email I sent Patrick on Sunday followed by his reply today:

Hello Patrick,

As I haven`t heard from you for some time I thought I would send you one final email.

It has been ten months since I placed my order & I`m afraid my patience is exhausted.

I`m in my sixtieth year of being on this planet & in my adult life have ordered motorcycle components from big corporations to one man bands and on every continent & have to say you are the most unprofessional person I have ever tried to deal with.

If it were not for the fact that your product appears to be rather good I would not have let the situation progress for as long as I have.

If you have issues, either business or otherwise, it would have been a simple matter to say that you were unable to fulfill the order in a timely manner.
Regards
Dave

His reply:

As no deposit or fees were ever billed or paid we can consider this build project cancelled and closed.

regards

Patrick Keen
Surprising he is not on the dole,if that is how he runs his business.Maybe he soon will be.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Dave, Why not go to Halfords and get a Bicycle Speedo, They are a bit small, But cheap,
And go up to 99.8 mph, They tell you how many miles you have done, Your fastest speed of the ride,
The time etc, Just remember to reset it if pulled by the FUZZ !! :D

Dave61

Non-VOC Member
Hello Dave, Why not go to Halfords and get a Bicycle Speedo, They are a bit small, But cheap,
And go up to 99.8 mph, They tell you how many miles you have done, Your fastest speed of the ride,
The time etc, Just remember to reset it if pulled by the FUZZ !! :D

Hello Bill,
I`ve got one turning up tomorrow from Acewell, not as modern looking as the one Tim suggest a while ago so might not look too out of place on the Vinnie.
Also got the electric start from Francois Grosset so going to be a busy boy for a little while !
Cheers
Dave

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Wish I was as Keen as You, I think the E/start is a good idea for you, With your leg, You don't need too much Kicking. good luck, Bill.