Electronic ignition conversions

Biker Tim

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have a Series C Shadow currently using a Mistral electonic ignition, which uses a Lucas Rita box. This has been unreliable and I'm looking for a better choice. I'm considering the Pazon ignition, but I'm open to better alternatives, if there are any. I would appreciate any feedback from other owners who are using electronic ignition conversions. I need a system that can fire dual plugs. I have an Alton altenator in place, so minimum voltage is not a problem. This is probably an old topic for many of you, but it is new to me, so I appreciate your patience.

Biker Tim

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Thanks Peter. Have you used the BTH magneto replacement? I'm a little concerned about cranking a magneto replacement with dual plugs, that at kick-start speeds there might not be enough spark to fire two plugs. Do you have any experience with that issue? Tim

stumpy lord

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi,
The Francois Grosset electronic set up is as far as my son Roger and myself are concerned the tops, a true fit and for get system,either one plug or two, with the advantage of a very low consumption if you use coils of five ohms resistance.
one very satified customer.
norman lord .(stumpy)

pifinch

Non-VOC Member
Ive been running Rita ignition for ten years with no problem,however having just fitted an Alton I seem to have lost sparks. (The plugs still spark when I switch off ignition, as they always have done) Any suggestions welcome.

Biker Tim

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Rita

I had the same problem with my Rita, and hence the search for a replacement. I was using the Miller generator and a positive earth, but when I installed the Alton unit and changed my Rita unit to negative ground, I started having problems. I sent the Rita box to Dyno Dave in Massacusettes and he fiddled with it for four months, but it still doesn't work right. I could have gone back to the Miller generator and a positive ground system, but I want an ignition system from this century, so I'm looking for something better.

Nulli Secundus

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I replaced my Lucas Mistral with the Pazon unit and have been most impressed. It was also a lot cheaper than the BT-H. I believe however that Pazon have relocated to New Zealand.

Bod500

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Pazon.

Hi all, I use the Pazon unit on my Shadow and have one on the shelf for my Egli that will have twin plug heads.
The Shadow starts first or second kick and has never let me down.
I did look at the BTH but HELL you can buy a Comet for the same price:D.

IMOA the Pazon is the system to use, a very happy customer and BTW, both of my units came form Vinparts but as you are in the USA I would think that it would cost less to buy direct from NZ.

Keep the rubber on the black stuff:cool: