Electrics

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It is amazing what a re-wire of a Vincent can do. My bike has had two ignition systems and two generator systems installed since I bought it in 1999. It has an LED tail light installed and a Quartz pilot light. After the great garage disaster a few months ago I thought it was a good opportunity to get all the electrics sorted. Of course the insurance company unknowingly assisted when an 8" headlight was fitted to replace the smashed 6 1/2". Well, they got out of that one lightly. A full re-wire on the weekend has given me brighter lights and a louder horn. OK, the Altette will not scare anyone but I CAN hear it when I am riding. This was a custom re-wire that took just over five hours. A fuse was fitted (inside the headlight shell) and really all the modern connectors are well hidden. Total outlay was AUD$250 which when you consider a VOCSC loom is the equivalent of $100, is a bargain.Anyone living in the Greater Sydney (NSW) area can contact me if they want this service. Phil will be re-wiring my Shadow next year, no problem. He has been re-wiring Vincents for over 20 years and can even do Ducatis and Moto Guzzis because he loves them....