• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Electrics

Albervin

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
It is amazing what a re-wire of a Vincent can do. My bike has had two ignition systems and two generator systems installed since I bought it in 1999. It has an LED tail light installed and a Quartz pilot light. After the great garage disaster a few months ago I thought it was a good opportunity to get all the electrics sorted. Of course the insurance company unknowingly assisted when an 8" headlight was fitted to replace the smashed 6 1/2". Well, they got out of that one lightly. A full re-wire on the weekend has given me brighter lights and a louder horn. OK, the Altette will not scare anyone but I CAN hear it when I am riding. This was a custom re-wire that took just over five hours. A fuse was fitted (inside the headlight shell) and really all the modern connectors are well hidden. Total outlay was AUD$250 which when you consider a VOCSC loom is the equivalent of $100, is a bargain.Anyone living in the Greater Sydney (NSW) area can contact me if they want this service. Phil will be re-wiring my Shadow next year, no problem. He has been re-wiring Vincents for over 20 years and can even do Ducatis and Moto Guzzis because he loves them....