Electrical parts for Pre War Series A

Dinny

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have ordered some parts from Paul Horton (http://www.rudge.parts) and he provides parts for Rudge's but some parts cross over to Series A.

I have been looking for Miller parts and I ordered as below and they are as near as possible replicas of the originals which go for silly money if you can find them.

Miller Lite Dip switch for 1" bars at 100 quid. He sold his first batch but will be doing another Nov

Miller 1.jpg
Miller 2.jpg

Miller 35E Rear Light

Miller 35E.jpg
Miller 35E 2.jpg

1" Lucas horn with correct button

Horn Push.jpg

I hope this helps everyone else who is looking for these parts.

Mark

greg brillus

VOC Member
I recently bought a genuine one of those tailights off ebay a month or so back, and pretty easy enough to convert to twin filament bulb. There is another guy on a similar Rudge site (Colin.....) who also supplies parts for these bikes and he has the new Lighthouse face plates for the "Miller" ammeters. I have yet to buy one from him, as cant work out how to find him via his website which is rudgewhitworth or similar. Another friend of mine told me recently how some Chinese made electrical items use rubber insulated wiring for their power cords and similar.........Might be an option for trying to find a copy of the original rubber wiring, apart from the black/red stuff available in the UK already. Cheers..............Greg.

Dinny

VOC Member
For the miller faceplate, print this off ( I can email the master) onto photo paper. Cut it out and sandwich it in the original ammeter. It's a scan of the original fitted on my series B. You cannot tell it's a photo and it looks original.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_0109.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 80

stevee

VOC Member
For the miller faceplate, print this off ( I can email the master) onto photo paper. Cut it out and sandwich it in the original ammeter. It's a scan of the original fitted on my series B. You cannot tell it's a photo and it looks original.

Mark
I am having a number of the Miller Lighthouse faces made, printed on brass (as per original?) which I hope will be available in about a month

greg brillus

VOC Member
I'd be interested in them Steve, Does anyone know what the original wiring looms were covered in, was it fabric or some kind of thin rubber sleeve or similar........?........Cheers...........Greg.

Andy B

Non-VOC Member
Can anyone give me the exact type of miller magneto fitted to a 1937 Meteor? Anyone got any pictures? I have some slightly different ones all slightly damaged in some way or the other. Thanks Andy.