Electric Start for the comet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogrilp400

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Comet Electric Starter

Hervé Hamon has just sent me some photos a couple of weeks back of the electric start fitted to the inside of the comet chain case. It looks extremely well made in usual Herve tradition. I suggest you drop him a line and I'm sure he will be able to help you out.

Phelps.

minivin

VOC Member
Rob,

I know something about that myself. My orthopedic surgeon said that if I brake one more bone riding my motorcycles, he's going to sew my knees together so I can't sit on one.

Little does he know I have a side car too:eek:

Cheers and a quick healing,
Ken smith

Yes, very inconsiderate they are when we keep them so busy and in a job :D

Finally got back to work today on light duties, so time should fly now that I aint bored in the house:cool:

Regards

Rob

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Broken bones

After a night on morphine in Nirvana, I was found out, not life threatened, and sent down to join the hoi polloi in orthopedics (and on paracetamol). I was the motorcycle racer. My companions had: been run over on bicycles, been playing football, had fallen off ladders, fallen through rafters, and, best of all, suffered a broken pelvis in a bowling accident. The victim had slipped on wet grass, and fallen backwards into the gully that traps the bowls, alas, slightly narrower than his ar*e. Bowling? Like in "old men in cardigans?". Dangerous? Get out of here.
I was the least badly injured, out next day. Bikes are dangerous? Have you tried life?
Practical advice: don't be caught looking down the ward for sight of the happy trolley with your next fix. It identifies you as someone who no longer needs the analgesic properties, but has discovered the leisure potential of opiates.

Last edited by a moderator:

indianken

Non-VOC Member
List of my, thankfully, non fatal motor vehicle related injury's, (most self inflicted) from 16 years old to today.

In order.

1. (Racing) Broken left ankle.

2. (Racing) Crushed and near complete severing of right foot at ankle.
Three years and five operations required till last cast off. Nerve damages.

3. (Hit by car) Ruptured disc in lower back.

4. (silly motorcycle fell off stand) Broker right big toe, now pinned.

4. (2005 Irish national Rally) Broken left lower leg at knee, 2 screws.
Broken right wrist, 8 screws and 1 plate, nerve damages. Broken right shoulder blade. Broken right collar bone. Torn right shoulder rotater cup.
Lacerated liver. Broken nose.
(Had on full face helmet. Without "RIP").

short_norton.JPG
short_norton_2.JPG

Now I believe only the good die young.

Ken Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.