Eight Stroking/Rich Mixture/Black Smoke

greg burt

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
G'day Ken
You have covered just about every thing - here is a sugestion.
Go to a hotter plug , W8DC - Bosch - N11YC Champion - W16EP-U Denso about $10.00 from your Auto Store / these are protruding plugs to get the nose in the flame front - If your problem persists get the Maggy looked at(I know you said the Mag is OK )(I had a Mag that would start and throw a good spark but it would start to play up off idle and when riding - around town the plugs would start to foul up and give a rich appearance - finally the Mag gave up the ghost after 6 Mths - still started ok , but wouldnt drive the bike)
Greg

Mickthevin

Non-VOC Member
You Know When You Read Something You Very Quickly Realise That There Is Another Level Way Way Beyond You. I Was Under The Impression There Was Only Two Or Four Strokes
Head Scratching And Avoiding Splinters
Mick

C

Cogvessel

Ken,
another theory.
It is possible that the float needles are not seating properly when the engine rocks a bit at idle. And as a result the float level is raising slowly, and makes the mixture rich when you open up.
Mats

ogrilp400

Non-VOC Member
Eight Stroking/Rich Mixture/ Black Smoke

Mats,
Have a look at paragraphs 9 and 12. I have covered that.
Bill,
As the title says, its black smoke. Oil down the guides produces blue smoke. The bike is quite frugal on oil consumption. I do not have to add any oil between changes. Nor does the level even drop appreciably.

Thanks for replying, Ken.