Where Are You Now? EHJ 290

Matt3220

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi

I’ve just joined this group to try and follow up on the bike with the registration EHJ 290. My dad used to own it in (I think) the 1950’s and he was talking about it at the weekend and showed me a photo of him riding it (attached)

i know it’s a long shot but if the bike is still out there I’d love to be able to let him know what has become of it

cheers
Matt
E86BE256-1770-48B8-8636-6B1062705B4F.jpeg

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hi Matt,
According to the DVLA it was recently taxed for another year (June 2021)
Ask your dad if it was a Comet

Regards
Neil

Matt3220

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Wow Neil, that was quick!

I just spoke to dad and yes it was a Comet. He got it in around 1959, having swapped it for his AJS. He was in Dagenham (East London) at the time and he had the bike for a couple of years. The bike had a sidecar when he got it, but he took that off.

it’s great to know it’s still being used!!! I just need to find out who has it now and hopefully get a recent photo for my dad.

cheers

Matt

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Matt
I will look the bike up in the morning in the VOC Machine database to see if it's owned by a club member.

Simon Dinsdale
Machine Registrar - Vincent HRD Owners Club

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hi Matt
EHJ 290 is a series C Comet. It was last reported to the VOC in 2009 and so unfortunately I don't know who currently owns it. I note when doing a DVLA online search it states the last V5C was isued in 2013 so it looks like it may have changed ownership then.

I will send you a private message Matt through the forum..

Simon Dinsdale

Last edited by a moderator: