Egli-Vincent Godet Rally Chimay 2013

Paul Coene

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Thanks David. As I recently joined the VOC, I could post this photos now in "Photos - Rallies/Events 2013". (I wanted to create a new catagory in the Rallies/Events 2013 group but that didn't work)

Regards,
Paul.

Last edited:

davidd

VOC Member
Those Crank Cases look New, Are they being made now ? All The Best, Bill.

Bill,

All new. You can see the machining for the new Eaton style oil pump that is driven by the large idler. The stock pump location is a vestigial bump now. It also has a six speed Albion box.

David

davidd

VOC Member
Any idea what gearbox is in there..John

John,

The gear box is the same design that I use in the racer gear box made by TT Industries, NZ. In 2011 Bruce Verdon, the owner of TTI, came to Barber to race his Manx. Bruce told be he was doing the castings for the Albion. Patrick had commissioned them and was paying for the patterns, so they are proprietary property of Patrick. I have committed a good bit of time and energy to the BAR gearbox used in the prototype Flashes, including a new F106, so I am past the point where I want a perfectly functioning Albion.

The Albion is a six speed. I enjoy to the point of preference a four speed for racing, mostly due to poor riding skills. It is easier for me to learn a course and gearing with a four speed. However, good riders can use a shorter power band and the six speed to their advantage.

http://www.ttindustries.com/

David

clevtrev

VOC Member
Bill,

All new. You can see the machining for the new Eaton style oil pump that is driven by the large idler. The stock pump location is a vestigial bump now. It also has a six speed Albion box.

David
So why the need for the reciprocating pin hole for the original pump, Does it serve another purpose ?

davidd

VOC Member
I am not sure. I do not see a hole for the scroll, but it might be reasonable to run an oil line through the casting. I also suspect that Patrick would like the engine to appear as stock as possible.

David