Egli frame wanted

Prince Duster

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm looking for an Egli frame - any maker, any condition. PM me if you have one or know of one. Many thanks in advance. David Lancaster

minivin

VOC Member
Cyril Malem has started to make frames again. Worth contacting him, as an example was on display at Netley Marsh Eurojumble, last weekend.

Black Flash

VOC Member
there is a guy in England who makes replica Egli frames. I saw one advertised some time ago on ebay.
His name is Andy Sidlow. I have never seen one of his frames in reality nor have I any connection with this man.
It is just that his name sprung into my mind when I read the thread.
with a little bit of google this turned up:
S & P Fabrications (Frames)
Unit 3/Horseshoe Yard
PE6 0BJ
Peterborough
United Kingdom
01733 212234

HTH
Bernd

davidd

VOC Member
I have mentioned Andy Sidlow in the Egli Section Review. Andy is very talented. I will note that I received an email from a well-known Egli-Vincent builder who was working on a customers Egli showing me photos of the rear inlet inspection cap not being able to clear the Sidlow frame for removal. Even in this forum it has proved very difficult to locate an email address or phone number for Mr. Sidlow. I think for service, you are much better off with Cyril Malem or Colin Taylor.

David

Vincent Brake

VOC Member
Mr Prince Duster,
would you be able, or willing, to send your Eamils remarks on the frames got from anyone?, send on to my PM as i am surching also an new egli style frame.

thanx
in advance

Vincent Speet
Holland

davidd

VOC Member
try terry prince, my frame is one of his but it is a monoshock...

The bad news: Terry stopped making frames years ago.

The good news: You own the last frame he built, as far as my records show.

Terry will sell you a billet frame, but I suspect that the owners looking for frames here want something more conventional. I think that Cyril and Colin are worth talking to.

Colin Taylor: colinegl1taylor@gmail.com

Cyril Malem: cmalem@aol.com

David

highbury731

VOC Member
Ken Macintosh made a replica Egli frame for his Vincent twin in the 70s and won lots of races on it. In the early 80s, that bike was fitted with modern tele forks and big disc brakes, and with Hugh Anderson on board, won an open championship against young riders on modern bikes. Ken builds a fast bike. If you want a replica Manx Norton, he can build you a complete bike.

Last edited: