Eddie Stephens Carmarthen Vincent Dealer Transfers Available and Information Wanted

kerry

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
EDDIE STEPHENS CARMARTHEN Was a Vincent main dealer, I have recently bought a Vincent originally sold by him, I tried to get his really nice transfers but drew a blank, I have now had them made and am happy to let some go to anyone at cost just to help get back some of my outlay back. I would also like any information on Eddie, how long in business, others makes sold etc, Also the bike I bought was owned by a well know local character 'DAVID LESLIE HOTTEN', anyone know of him please, he was very big in Vincent's apparently and when he passed away last year a load of stuff was found.

Attachments

• DSCF8703.JPG
    DSCF8703.JPG
    279.8 KB · Views: 39

Jonathan Lambley

VOC Machine Researcher
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Kerry,
if you have no luck selling the transfers, maybe the Spares Company would be interested to hold in their stock?
Reference David Hotten, I believe he was from Gloucestershire, so maybe the local section can help you on that front.
I'd email you, but don't know who you are, other than Kerry, and I can't check the machine database with no details. Can you email me on research998@voc.uk.com with details of the bike you purchased?
Thanks
Jon Lambley
VOC Machine Researcher

vibrac

VOC Member
I guess you have explored the chaotic site dealer decals?

update: just checked http://www.dealerdecals.co.uk is not live a great pity as he really had a great range of dealer transfers/decals from UK and US I bet Mr Stephens was on there. Oh Dear I used him a lot

Last edited:

kerry

VOC Member
For the Tank I bought the Vincent transfers from the club and extra ones from decal suppliers as I was worried about bubbling, I hear about this happening so much, in the event my local chap did not have a problem, he has done about 20 Vincent tanks successfully. I did try and get Eddie Stephens ones from all the suppliers I could find, most did not come back to me, because of my determination I had the artwork done into a PDF and got 100 made, they are of superb quality in my opinion. There must be a few Vincent's still around supplied by Eddie, if so I would like them to have these at a very low price, I have put them on eBay to try and get the message out.

kerry

VOC Member
I am trying to buy this book, ironically on your link they are £3.50, but, 'out of stock' ! strange how they are always cheaper than everyone when they do not have any !
I can get it from abe books but I have to open an account online which I don't want to do for one book, I am going to get it though somehow and appreciate you taking time to message, thanks. Kerry.

james mulheran

Forum User
VOC Member
EDDIE STEPHENS CARMARTHEN Was a Vincent main dealer, I have recently bought a Vincent originally sold by him, I tried to get his really nice transfers but drew a blank, I have now had them made and am happy to let some go to anyone at cost just to help get back some of my outlay back. I would also like any information on Eddie, how long in business, others makes sold etc, Also the bike I bought was owned by a well know local character 'DAVID LESLIE HOTTEN', anyone know of him please, he was very big in Vincent's apparently and when he passed away last year a load of stuff was found.
Hello Kerry,
I'd be happy to purchase a couple of Eddie Stephens transfers if you still have some.
All the best,
Jim.

nkt267

VOC Member
I am trying to buy this book, ironically on your link they are £3.50, but, 'out of stock' ! strange how they are always cheaper than everyone when they do not have any !
I can get it from abe books but I have to open an account online which I don't want to do for one book, I am going to get it though somehow and appreciate you taking time to message, thanks. Kerry.
Just looked at Abe books, they are not actually selling it..It appears to be sold by Pooks Books. Try contacting them directly.