• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

Scam? Ebay

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Just a warning, but I would guess most of you are already aware, the scammer is back on Ebay with a swathe of fraudulent adverts for Vincent motorcycles (and other stuff) at very low prices, I notice someone has bid on a Grey Flash replica, loose description, if it is any of us my hope is that you have bid for a laugh and have zero intention of completing the deal. One has to sneer at his/her audacity, they finish every listing with the words "have a nice day"

Alyson

VOC Member
I've been taken by one of those jerks, paid for a bike and never got it. The same guy posted the same bike again and someone was about to win it when I over bid them. Of course I didn't pay twice. F'ing F'ers is all I can say about them. They will have to answer in a higher court one day. In the mean time all we can do is try to beat them at their own game. Ebay doesn't let us contact the bidders so it's really hard to help out. Not sure what else to do. Alyson

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
I've been taken by one of those jerks, paid for a bike and never got it. The same guy posted the same bike again and someone was about to win it when I over bid them. Of course I didn't pay twice. F'ing F'ers is all I can say about them. They will have to answer in a higher court one day. In the mean time all we can do is try to beat them at their own game. Ebay doesn't let us contact the bidders so it's really hard to help out. Not sure what else to do. Alyson
Ouch!

vibrac

VOC Member
Just a warning, but I would guess most of you are already aware, the scammer is back on Ebay with a swathe of fraudulent adverts for Vincent motorcycles (and other stuff) at very low prices, I notice someone has bid on a Grey Flash replica, loose description, if it is any of us my hope is that you have bid for a laugh and have zero intention of completing the deal. One has to sneer at his/her audacity, they finish every listing with the words "have a nice day"
'Have a nice day' on each post reminds me of the german enigma operator who finished his message each morning with 'Heil Hitler' that was instrumental in helping Bletchly in cracking the code. I will keep my eyes open.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Has anyone actually put in fake bids to buy fake bikes? if so what happened when bidding closes and your bid is the highest? just curious.

Alyson

VOC Member
Has anyone actually put in fake bids to buy fake bikes? if so what happened when bidding closes and your bid is the highest? just curious.
HA, yes, I did. Like I mentioned above, the same seller was selling the same bike and as the auction was closing, I bid to win and won but never followed through. Ebay did nothing. They don't care.

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Hi Alyson. Did you really pay for a fake bike listing? If you did I hope it ws a low bid. There are bikes that come up for sale in the Vancouver area occasionally. Just tell other section members you are looking for a Vin.

LoneStar

VOC Member
These are easily identified: one of the pictures is always a notice like this, with an unreasonably low "buy it now" price and instructions to deal outside Ebay rather than bid.

The seller (probably the hacked account of an innocent user) of the imaginary Grey Flash has 1392 fake auctions active at the moment. Since I reported one 8 hours ago, it's clear Ebay security is mostly asleep at the wheel.

There's no downside to bidding on fake auctions, and it may alert unwary potential victims.

Attachments

• scam.jpg
    scam.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 11

Alyson

VOC Member
Hi Alyson. Did you really pay for a fake bike listing? If you did I hope it ws a low bid. There are bikes that come up for sale in the Vancouver area occasionally. Just tell other section members you are looking for a Vin.
I got caught by the scammer, but only once. I paid for the bike but never got it. Then the same bike came up again. There were bids and someone was going to get hooked. I bid to win but after all, I already paid for the bike, how can anyone expect me to pay for it again ? After winning the auction for the second time, I simply did nothing and nothing came of it. Except some one else was lucky they didn't get scammed. I'm currently involved with a Rapide from our area. I'll let you know when it's mine ...

moto8500

Website User
VOC Member
A while back a scammed Shadow replica turned up on one of these internet classified sites so when it was reported to the site the advert was taken down only to resurface a week later using same pics but different location. Scammers use pics taken from a genuine advert and have on occasion lured a unsuspecting buyer to a location then rob them of the deposit - so it's a real 'buyer beware' game when buying off a internet classified site.

Latest Forum Threads

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?

The Mighty Garage Videos

List of Forum Categories