• For any queries related to registration, engine numbers, frame numbers or buying a Vincent motorcycle, the only Club Officials who have access to all the Factory (Works) Records up to 1954 (including dispatch records) and worldwide ownership details gathered by the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club since 1948 are Simon Dinsdale (Machine Registrar) and Jonathan Lambley (Machine Researcher).

Never rely on Certificates of Authenticity or Dating Certificates issued years ago, nor information provided by sellers. You should always satisfy yourself that you know what you're buying before you bid/buy. Always do your own due diligence.

Simon and Jonathan can be contacted by following THIS LINK.
  • Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

For Sale eBay Head Stock

Graham Smith

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
I'm not entirely convinced it's a scam.

Simon might be able to tell us one way or the other.

vin998

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
On initial look it may be an original, but I would need better photos and also I cannot see a frame number on it. Without a genuine number you would not be able fit it on a bike in U.K. and then apply for an age related registration. The DVLA require a frame number and for it to be dated by number and also for the number to be confirmed as genuine.

Simon

davidd

VOC Member
It does not seem to have two additional mounting holes as described unless I am missing something. It looks to me like the first and third mounting holes on the column are drilled oversize and slightly "off" much like the bolts had seized and were inexpertly drilled out.

To "steepen" the rake, you need to think about attaching a bolt through the rear bottom hole and allow the entire FT1/4 to rotate a bit downward, then pin it. It is not likely that two holes would do it.

This is the worst design of the FT1 series (excluding the D) as it bends very easily. For a racer, the FT1/1,2 or 3 would be a better choice, although this one looks to be straight.

With no number and two damaged mounting holes, the price may be realistic.

David

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
I would suggest the seller is not aware that the stock head stock has two mounting holes at the top and two lower rear where it attaches to the UFM. Seeing four mounting holes he believes it is adjustable and therefore for racing. That is just conjecture on my part I will admit.