ebay Black Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Nat,

It is a few digits off the one I had. Are you interested in buying it or just interested in it?

David

Nat Lanza

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi David, I could be interested in buying it, but ebay always scares me, if something is really right there are usually no scarcity of buyers that can be contacted for a private sale. I thought I could reach out and see what the club members know, good or bad.

davidd

VOC Member
If you are interested I would ask the seller who owned the bike in the U.S. and who restored the bike in the UK. Those answers would give Club member plenty of grist.

David

Vince Farrell

VOC Member
Hi David, I could be interested in buying it, but ebay always scares me, if something is really right there are usually no scarcity of buyers that can be contacted for a private sale. I thought I could reach out and see what the club members know, good or bad.

Do you mean 1B/1938? Any potential buyer should get a good look at the documented proof of a factory crankcase change, I would be very interested!

The UK tax disc on the machine is from a later Shadow, nothing to do with this bike.

There is also a Vincent owner in NZ who claims to own this motor and with a crankcase # that looks good; I wonder why the seller hasn’t quoted the crankcase # on this one?

Folks who follow these things will know this machine was f/sale late last year in one of the three auctions held on the same W/E in California, I don’t think it sold.

Scared of eBay? There’s no need. Everyone always gets what they want - I think.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
I have a C Shadow RFM on a Rapide. Vince Farrell tells me that someone in the US has a complete matching numbers Shadow with the same RFM number. The owner swears he has the correct RFM on there, the one it left the factory with.
Not hard to figure out which is most likely the original RFM for his bike. Its probably the one I have here. My guess is his bike had a non matching numbers RFM and someone gave it "matched numbers" to greatly increase the value.

Ebay would be a great way to dispose of things that arent quite as advertised.

Glen

Last edited:

davidd

VOC Member
Nat,

Maybe you could post a link as I saw a different Shadow.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.