ebay Black Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The rear frame member number looks suspect. Can see evidence of other stampings around the "R" and the first "3".

Dinny

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
This bike has been doing the rounds for a while.. I cannot be 100% but I'm sure its the Ex Herb Harris B Shadow. I copied a couple of pictures and with the front brake arms, chrome horn bracket and other details it looks the same bike. Yes the RFM stampings look..... not normal.....

davidd

VOC Member
I am surprised that the bidding is so high. I would not bid on this bike unless the seller provided the well documented information that the Factory re-stamped the original numbers on later cases. And what luck that when the blow up occured, possibly years later, the Factory was able to provide Series B cases. I would like to know the mating numbers on not only the cases, but the timing cover, inner primary, outer primary and sometimes other parts. If you had original mating numbers on these parts and a logical mating number on the case for the time of production, that might be some good information. If there were an original letter from Vincent specifying these changes, I would have posted it with the other photos. That this information is not provided up front creates some concern for me.

David

Albervin

VOC Member
This is an example of the increasingly common Series F Vincent. F for Fake or F for Fraud nobody seems to know which:) I believe the bike sold a few years ago on e-bay with different numbers.

passenger0_0

Non-VOC Member
It's actually quite easy to spot this one as the offset between frame and engine numbers at this stage of production was definitely not 1900. Shame really as it looks to be a good bike, particularly being a Series B, so why not buy and ride anyway. If someone wants to buy without undertaking due dillegence they probably don't care about the numbers on the crankcase - just the numbers which can be reached on that lovely 5" speedo. Please note too that we really shouldn't be discussing numbers in detail as it will give those who fiddle some information and we can't have that!

Last edited:

Vince Farrell

VOC Member
It's actually quite easy to spot this one as the offset between frame and engine numbers at this stage of production was definitely not 1900. Shame really as it looks to be a good bike, particularly being a Series B, so why not buy and ride anyway. If someone wants to buy without undertaking due dillegence they probably don't care about the numbers on the crankcase - just the numbers which can be reached on that lovely 5" speedo. Please note too that we really shouldn't be discussing numbers in detail as it will give those who fiddle some information and we can't have that!

As he says we should not be having this conversation here. In a bid to stop it can I just point out that Passenger0_0 is misinformed, the numbers quoted are correct.

Vince Farrell, VOC Machine Researcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.