Early Vincent panniers

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I need help in fabricating a set of early panniers. i need photos of these bags please. I have M043, M044 and KTB. I need -
dimensions for the bag
bag hinge details
photos of brackets
can any of this be found without my fabrication?
thanks
Craig

rightsideluggage.jpg

fgth130

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Craig,
Full details, description, dimensioned drawings and photos can be found in a 6 part article in MPHs 533 thro 538, June - November 1993; hope this helps, best of luck!
Frank Griffin

dashow

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
If you come across the lower mounting bracket per the MPH I would like to borrow to have it recast in Asia where I live part time. I can than give you first born, and make them available AT MY COST. I have a few pair of the under the seat brackets for a fiver each if you need them

craig

VOC Member
dashow, i am on the hunt for all these pieces. It would appear that a B20 with an alloy nipple of the right dimension simply epoxied on would give a pattern for casting, but just my guess right now. I am considering a B20 with a machined FT111 (rear seat stay) or FF57 might be a good choice as well. The OEM casting would be best however. I will PM on the brackets , thanks
Craig
B10L_B20.jpg

craig

VOC Member
Hello PanFans, I have recieved great info from Vincent riders desiring these panniers. One item I would like more info about is the alloy channel used for the lid. I have all the MPH articles, but the alloy channel exact size and configuration is not addressed. Have I missed something? Does anyone own a set of these early bags that can give us more detail?
Cheers
Craig