FT: Frame (Twin) Early Rapide Research: 1947

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Two things leapt out me. First the radi for the windscreen support appear to be different. I don't think it has anything to do with camera angle ect.. Second the lack of a front brake lever on the handle bars.
Steven

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I have an early series B engine here (lower than engine number 300) which was last run in 1967 and not been apart since then and I have just started stripping down for a rebuild. I can have a look at the clutch on it, but it may be a day or two and there is no guarantee its even the original clutch. In saying that I just removed the timing cover to find an original bronze large idler and no real evidence that the timing side has ever been disturbed.
Simon

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
Strangely enough my early Rapide, number less than 50, also has the Miller medallion on its tail light.
Would you mind posting a photo of the Miller Medallion as mounted on the tail light, please? I purchased one but am not sure how and exactly where it should be positioned. Thank you, John

craig

VOC Member
20160729_152245-jpg.18817

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
Thank you. Can you describe how the emblem attaches to the stop lamp? I obtained an emblem but it is hollow on the back with 4 little tabs. The thought of drilling 4 holes in the stop lamp and bending the little tabs is not really too appealing. I was considering of filling it with epoxy / Araldite (sp?) with a bolt in the middle and drilling one hole. Seeking other approaches if the tabs approach is not how it was originally done.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I guess maybe I sent Craig that picture as it is from a machine I owned. I was second owner and therefore knew where it had been since 1948. It went to Australia a few years ago to a third owner. And yes the four little tabs went through 4 little slots to hold the lighthouse emblem on. This maybe a little clearer. I can send you the original if you don't find an example closer at hand. (The picture not the light!)
20160729_152245.jpg