FT: Frame (Twin) Early Rapide Research: 1947

craig

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
View attachment 18817
/549 had the miller lighthouse badge on the tail light
As I look closely at this photo, I can see paint all around the Miller badge. The overall texture of the light and plate finish, to me, looks like a skilled brush application of black paint, as a touch up at a later date, maybe 50-60s . I would think the fasteners were painted at that time. Excellent photo Robert. Thank you.

Last edited:

Somer

VOC Member
The light body would have been enameled and then the medallion installed later. I have several of these housings.

craig

VOC Member
The light body would have been enameled and then the medallion installed later. I have several of these housings.
Sorry Somer, I did not convey a good message . I edited my post above then some how lost control to add more, just my goofy posting. I am sure the Miller was repainted, and that was my point.

Somer

VOC Member
I understood it. i was pointing out what you were pointing out. I'll post a picture later of bare body.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Great pics of your b Rapide I'm putting one together now so very helpful reference Right now I'm having difficulty with front guard brackets FT237 if I put one behind and one in front of girder mounting lug as shown in M030 the brake balance beam won't fit as no clearance of girder tubes I was planning of fitting both FT 237 behind lug so balance beam fits I'm interested how they are mounted on your very original B Any advice from others also very welcome
Shane, just had a look at drawing M025, bloody odd how they show the two brackets there.

Shane998

Non-VOC Member
Shane, just had a look at drawing M025, bloody odd how they show the two brackets there.
Yes Charlie but still one each side of lug I think .Ian told me he had the same problem when he was doing up bramptons on his rapide so he got a new balance beam from Coventry spares that fitted .Next week I got another one to try so fingers crossed

craig

VOC Member
CometM025Mod2.jpg
M025