FT: Frame (Twin) Early Rapide Research: 1947

Somer

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Yes the engine was. He had it for a long time. Build up the rest of the bike from Argentine cast off bits.

Texas John

Non-VOC Member
I have a very original 1947.
Looking at your 2 photos, I see a strut going from the front/top of the RFM (where the rear of the spring box mounts) to the top of the rear mudguard, just in front of the front hinge (I can't quite tell if it is to one of the hinge bolts or is separate). Is that something that was original or added by a prior owner? I have never noticed this before.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Looking at your 2 photos, I see a strut going from the front/top of the RFM (where the rear of the spring box mounts) to the top of the rear mudguard, just in front of the front hinge (I can't quite tell if it is to one of the hinge bolts or is separate). Is that something that was original or added by a prior owner? I have never noticed this before.
They don't appear in any contemporary photographs.

Ian Wylie

New Forum User
VOC Member
The Motor Cycle magazine May 29, 1947
Is the engine number known on the Rapide tested in this issue of The Motor Cycle? Specifically the left and right side photos.
No water excluders, horizontal rear stand mount, Miller 42E, and simply the date will make this fairly low number Rapide.
Can anyone supply the engine numbers of any period photos (1947) of 47 B Rapides?
UK magazines, Australian mags, USA mags, German, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, etc?
Thanks
Craig
View attachment 1284
Hi Craig,

Attached are a couple of photos of an early 1947 B . Some mods but still have original brake drums, front spring, 3.5" Miller etc. etc. Tank pin striping thicker than original. Does anyone know if the riveted rear number plate in the last photo is original? I was told these came on the first B's.
Regards,
Ian

Attachments

• 1947 Vincent LHS.JPG
    1947 Vincent LHS.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 1947 Vincent RHS.JPG
    1947 Vincent RHS.JPG
    336.2 KB · Views: 62
  • ealrly B rear number plate.JPG
    ealrly B rear number plate.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 61