FT: Frame (Twin) Early Rapide Research: 1947

Big Sid

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Sid here . After PCVs passing an exposed roll of film was found among his effects . This roll was of early assembly line scenes he had personally taken . It was still in perfect condition and Robin Vincent Day is to be credited for their discovery and making them available . Many have been reproduced over the ensuing years .
I made a swap with Robin and he printed us a dozen or more right off the original negatives , sparkling fresh prints of great beauty . We had planned to use them in a new manuscript of of mine of very many hints and tips to be titled , " Tips From the Tool Tray " . The thing is done but was never put into publication . Those photos were to add a certain bit of class to this high quality loose leaf ringed book , on high quality paper meant for removing the needed sheet to take to your work shop and work from .
Such is life's ever " best laid plans - , ". The years pass by like dry sand through ones fingers . Maybe yet , Matt has mentioned it
recently .

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Great Photos, Re: the Vincent Indian, Does anyone have any info on the huge looking generator that seems to sit in a similar position to the Walkernator, that system uses a dummy short dynamo type body to drive the generator sited above and driven by a belt, any info would be interesting
clevtrev;39925 [URL said:
http://strokeman0.tripod.com/Vincent/vincent-day.htm[/URL]

A-BCD

Non-VOC Member
Vindian-Primary-1_zpsbe3743ba.jpg

b'knighted

VOC Member
I think that the term dummy dynamo is probably very relevant - what does it take to charge the block of wood that is installed instead of a battery?